My whole family insists on me bringing my Easy Deviled Eggs every time we have a family gathering. They are so easy and quick to make! I bring these to Easter dinner every year. These will make a great addition to any event or potluck and will be devoured quickly!
I used a piping bag and the star tip to create this design. Using the star tip makes them all look uniform or you can play with the design a little. If you don’t have a piping bag just scoop the yolk filling into the egg whites with a spoon.
Easy Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs hard boiled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dry mustard ground
- 1 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- paprika to garnish
Hard boil the eggs (see recipe notes) and peel. Cut the eggs lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place in a medium size bowl. Place the egg whites on a serving platter.
Add the mayonnaise, dry mustard, pepper and salt to taste to the bowl with the yolks.
Beat all ingredients together until smooth.
Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Or use a piping bag with a star tip to fill each egg white half with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
I used my Instant Pot to hard boil my eggs. You could use this method or see below for stovetop method. Either method you choose will work!
Instant Pot Method:
- 5-Minute Quick Pressure Release Method:
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot and place a steamer basket or the trivet into the pot. Gently place up to 12 eggs into the basket or on top of the trivet, taking care not to crack the eggs as you add them. Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Select the Manual setting and set the cooking time for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- While the eggs are cooking, prepare an ice bath. When the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then move the Pressure Release to Venting to release the remaining steam. Open the pot and transfer the eggs to the ice bath to cool. Peel when ready to serve.
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there's 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.